Recipe Index

Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Christy's Homemade Rolls

As a newly married wife, I was desperate to cook well for my husband.  My best friend, Christy, gave me this recipe.  It's very versatile and can be used for pizza dough, bread, cinnamon rolls.  Super easy, too.  Now that I've got other favorites for those specific items, I don't use this one as much, but I still think it's a great go-to recipe.


Mix in order listed:
2 cups very hot water
1/2 stick butter
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 packets yeast
4-6 cups all-purpose flour


Add last flour in increments of 2 cups-blend until smooth.  Knead.  When well mixed, coat dough with non-stick cooking spray.  Let rise in warm area.  Punch down dough with fist to release air bubbles while dough is rising.  After dough has risen ~45 minutes.  Pinch off in small balls and push through circle formed by fingers and thumb.  Place in bread pans coated with non-stick spray.  Each bread pan should hold 8 rolls.  Allow to rise approx. 30-45 minutes.  Cook @ 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment