Recipe Index

Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jambalaya

I lived in Baton Rouge for a year and really loved the culture and delicious food.  My brother, Kyong, would take me out to eat often and Jambalaya was always a favorite. This is a modified recipe from Bully's Best Bites.  Conecuh is the best brand of sausage-- the same kind my Dad would grill.  It's not a really fatty and thick sausage.  It's perfect.  I usually half this batch


1 lb white rice or long grain (I use Jasmin)
1 lb Conecuh sausage
4 ck'n breasts (2 lb) cooked and chopped
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1-10.5 oz can beef bouillon soup
1-10.5 oz can French onion soup
1 stick butter
1-1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/4  cup parsley
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
Cajun Seasoning (we love Tony Chachere's)

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix all ingredients together (except seasoning) in 2 qt. oblong greased casserole dish.  If you are halving the recipe, you can use a smaller dish.  Sprinkle seasoning generously on top and stir.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1/5 hours covered.  Stir every 15 minutes.

**May substitute sausage or chicken with shrimp.  I use all three by decreasing to 2 chicken breast and adding 1 lb shrimp

No comments:

Post a Comment